RAW MATERIALS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Symrise develops, produces and sells flavors, fragrances and cosmetic & aroma ingredients to about 6,000 customers in 160 countries. It is one of the largest companies in the global flavor and fragrance market. Symrise manufactures about 30,000 products from around 10,000 raw materials.
Symrise, Inc. has an excellent opportunity for a Procurement Analyst in our Saddle Brook, NJ office. We're seeking a high-energy, self-starter with SAP and Excel skills, strong analytical skills and an efficient work-style. This role reports to the Director of Strategic Purchasing, Scent & Care. Please go to the Career Center on www.symrise.com to apply today!
Raw Materials Support Specialist
- Independently review new and existing raw materials from legal and technical standpoint. Some support is provided by management to interpret customer and government regulations. This function requires knowledge of technical aspects of Raw Materials and US FDA Food/Flavor & State Regulations.
- Specific documents include: Natural Certification, FDA Certification, FEMA-GRAS Certifications, Allergen, Food Grade Certifications, GMO Certification, BSE, Continuing Food Guarantee, Country of Origin Certifications, Customer Questionnaires, Nutritional, Organic, permissibility and other appropriate documents.
- Gain SAP proficiency and support the Raw Materials and Formula Management department in daily tasks.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- College degree (B.S.) in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Nutrition or related fields.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in the food or a similar manufacturing industry.
- Robust analytical and critical thinking skills
- 3-5 years SAP user experience, mid-level Power Point skills, advance level of Excel.
Knowledge of basic chemistry and mathematics essential. Proficient in computer knowledge, including database management, spreadsheet creation, and internet navigation skills, and scientific/technical writing skills.
Commitment to excellence and efficiency must be a self-starter.
At Symrise, we offer our employees excellent working conditions, creative independence, training programs and an attractive compensation package. To learn more about Symrise, please visit www.symrise.com.
If interested, please apply through the same web site:
always inspiring more…
We are an equal opportunity employer.